Seeking Psychiatrists - Clarenville, NL
Our Client in Newfoundland is seeking a full-time General Psychiatrist to add to their Psychiatry Department. The hospital is affiliated with the Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador Medical School, consisting of 41 acute care beds, 44 long-term care beds, and 9 ER beds. The successful candidate will be tasked with responsibilities such as providing outpatient assessments, consulting with the emergency, ICU, medical, surgical, and obstetrical units, as well as performing on-call duties.
Clarenville is near a national park, downhill and cross-country ski lodges, 2 golf courses, hunting and fishing opportunities, cultural events, and the capital city. The community has a swimming pool, stadium, theatre, soccer pitch, running track, several softball fields and playgrounds, hiking, and snowmobile trails.
- Remuneration will be in accordance with the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association (NLMA) and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador dated May 3, 2022.
- The Specialist Salary Scale is Step 1 - $263,672 to Step 3 - $285,596. The salary step is determined by the Department of Health based on a physician’s years of clinical experience, noting that residency and fellowship training does not count towards years of clinical experience for this purpose.
- Physicians working in Clarenville are eligible for Level 1 Salaried Specialist retention bonus which is currently $4,000 after one year of employment at Eastern Health. The retention bonus is paid annually on the anniversary date and shall increase (until capped) depending on years of service at Eastern Health. As a salaried physician physicians are required to participate in the employer sponsored RRSP administered by MD Financial Management to which the employer contributes an equal amount of 5% of your base salary.
- On-call benefits paid in accordance with DOH guidelines. On-call coverage provided after the 1 in 3 monthly obligation is eligible to be paid $43.55 per hour and is administered by Eastern Health. Additionally physicians bill MCP $12.08 per hour for each hour they are scheduled on-call.
- For the first three months of your employment, physicians can be provided accommodations free of charge upon request. A damage deposit is required.
- Standard utilities are included with the exception of personal long distance telephone calls which will be the physician’s responsibility. The physician is expected to vacate the accommodation during this 3 month timeframe. Upon completion of 12 months of service, the physician is eligible for a one-time payment of $3,750 toward housing costs.
- Incumbents will receive annually 20 days of vacation plus leave for workshops and other training.
- Assistance with relocation, licensure, and immigration concerns
Must be eligible for full or provisional licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador (www.cpsnl.ca) Applicants from approved jurisdictions welcome: Approved jurisdictions: Australia, United Kingdom, United States, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong and Switzerland.
Interested candidates please contact or send CV to:
Michelle Flynn, RPR
Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.