Posted: Thu Jan 25 2024
Resource Special Education Teacher
Benefits are available Day 1!
Pay: $42 - $45 per hour
As a Special Education Teacher, you will effectively support the education of students who exhibit behavioral disorders and identified with emotional disturbance in special programs within the school. They normally would stay in one room for the majority of the school day, changing rooms for electives, special P.E. and lunch. Special Education Teachers aim to provide instruction and support to students in all areas related to emotional disturbance and behavior disorders and interventions. They design and deliver lessons geared towards the individual needs and capabilities of the students under their supervision. Other job duties for a Special Education Teacher may include:
· responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of students’ IEPs.
· Maintain appropriate student behavior control and participate in the development and implementation of behavior intervention plans with integrity when appropriate for the purpose of classroom management and providing a safe, learning environment for all students.
· Develop schedules and supervise plans for paraeducators.
· Complete and maintain all assigned student’s records.
· Maintain effective communication with students, staff, parents, and administration for the purpose of collaboration and planning.
· Maintain collaborative relationship and goodwill with general educators.
· Participate in team meetings and IEP meetings to address student needs for the purpose of developing an appropriate IEP
· Advocating for students, families, and resources.
The CareStaff Partners Difference: