Title: Manager, Business Intelligence
Location: Las Vegas, NV; On-site
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, Variable Bonus, Retirement Savings, and Access to Healthcare and Dental Insurance Plan of your Choice.
Chamberlain Advisors is currently seeking a Manager, Business Intelligence, for its direct client located in Las Vegas, NV. This is an individual contributor, management level position reporting to the Manager of FP&A. As Business Intelligence Manager, you will help to drive operational efficiency and improve business results through actionable, insightful data analysis for our client.
Primary duties of this role include oversight of the Business intelligence reporting function. This consists of intake and report creation, enhancements to existing reports, overall organization of the reporting library, and other duties as assigned. Strong collaboration with business unit leaders is required to ensure that reporting is accurate and useful. Additionally, the manager will support data governance and data platform enhancement prioritization to support the evolving reporting needs of the business and its various business units.
You will lead comprehensive efforts related to the design, implementation, and operation of BI solutions. You will apply your communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices related to Business Intelligence. You’ll be the primary point of contact for all issues related to the design, development, and deployment of information and reports. You will enhance existing and enable new reporting capabilities by designing, creating, and automating BI visualizations, KPI reports and dashboards that surface insights and drive efficiencies and performance. You will work with cross functional teams and key stakeholders to understand business needs, gather requirements, and build reports and dashboards to inform real-time decision-making.
- Oversee the business reporting function and enable data-driven decision making through the delivery of insightful business reporting.
- Regularly partner with IT and Senior Leaders to establish and continually reinforce data governance practices that protect and optimize value creation from the Client’s data.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, to understand needs and gather requirements.
- Assist with requirement gathering using interviews, document analysis, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise activities related to the design, development, and implementation of BI projects.
- Design, build, and maintain, BI solutions on Tableau, PowerBI and other technologies in a timely manner and quality controlling for accuracy and consistency.
- Effectively leverage data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Excel, etc.) to create impactful and insightful visuals that assist Senior Management with business decisions.
- Deep dive analysis to identify data trends and insights, and present recommendations, solutions or relevant findings to the team.
- write queries and code to extract data from sources, in order to automate and create user-friendly reports and dashboards.
- Train and support departments on how to leverage available data tools for accurate reporting and analysis.
- Demonstrate flexibility, creativity and a self-starter mindset required to thrive in a start-up environment.5. Drive report automation to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Support the development and deployment of data solutions that leverage technology to improve and simplify daily activities.
- Regularly rationalize reporting and relentlessly pursue report automation to drive speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the pertinent regulatory requirements and risks inherent to job responsibilities, establish, and maintain control activities that mitigate those risks consistent with the Client’s risk appetite, and ensure operational integrity and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum, Master's preferred in science, statistics, mathematics or data analysis certification.
- 5 – 7+ years of experience working in a business intelligence or related field; previous work history in construction, Telecommunication, or B2B / B3C business service sector strongly preferred.
- High level of experience with data modeling in Tableau. Tableau certification preferred.
- High level of proficiency with SQL and Excel.
- High level of experience working with large data sets to extract and surface actionable findings.
- Experience working with event stream data (Mixepanel, Google Analytics).
- Experience working with CDP tools (Segment preferred)
- Experience communicating to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience managing and leading a team from project initiation to implementation.
- Ability to iterate with limited day-to-day direction and enjoy taking ownership of projects.
- Ability to independently prioritize and follow-up on commitments and take initiative to resolve issues, self-motivated, self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Proven ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and develop positive working relationships.
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong leadership abilities.
About our client
Our client started as a small telecommunications business in 1958. Over 60 years later, they have maintained the agility and responsiveness of a small company, while providing the best next-generation services. They are a growth-minded organization and with this mentality and success, they continue to surpass expectations and have seen and continue to see constant, rapid growth within new and existing markets. As a technology-driven company, they believe that investment in their network, employees, and services enables them to meet their customers’ current and future demands. Their goal is to provide the best solutions and highest quality customer support.
Why Work with Chamberlain?
Chamberlain Advisors is a veteran-owned business that provides human capital solutions across a wide range of industries and engagement types. Chamberlain candidates benefit from our unique hiring and interviewing process which has been designed to increase the likelihood that they will be successful in their job searches. This is achieved through our 5-step recruitment process, ensuring a top-of-the-line candidate experience. Find out what makes us different; apply to Chamberlain today.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chamberlain Advisors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chamberlain Advisors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Chamberlain Advisors expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Chamberlain Advisors' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.