Physical Security Systems Architect
Our client is seeking to contract with a highly motivated physical security systems engineer. In this role, you will act as the Physical Security Systems Architect for Sodium Fast Reactor technologies, including responsibility for the physical security systems design, prototype development and testing, plant level system integration, and commissioning. Your role will include interfacing with a team of scientists and engineers internal and external. You will also identify, specify, and integrate custom instrumentation with advanced control systems for Generation IV advanced nuclear reactor technologies.
Duration: 12+ months,
Benefits - Three insurance levels, 401K + match, sick leave, and working with a great company!
**Work sponsorship is not available at this time; background check and drug screen required** C2C NOT Available.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Responsible for interfacing and supporting geographically diverse and international design team members to develop supporting design documentation. The design team members include in-house and subcontracted resources and may include partner/customer resources as well.
- Lead design of physical security instrumentation and control and supporting digital systems from system and sub-system functional requirements through final design.
- Develop and review system and component-level specifications and scopes of work.
- Perform engineering and design evaluations in the application of nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC regulations.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related physical security design standards.
- Specify and describe Digital Asset control implementation techniques for use in sodium fast reactor and integrated energy storage technology environments, including analysis of Digital Asset system function impacts.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex instrumentation and control digital system architecture design.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Requirements Documents, System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Create and manage drawing packages of system and sub-system designs, including but not limited to P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, control logic and loop diagrams, and instrument installation drawings, etc
- Generate integrated design package for key systems and sub-systems.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet TerraPower requirements, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate security systems architecture with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with the Physical Security Plan.
- Nuclear Physical Security System experience (either in maintaining or operating video assessment, intrusion detection, security computer, etc)
- Knowledge of the Nuclear Physical Security Plan and Regulation (10CFR73.55)
- Experience with Digital Design of Digital Systems for Nuclear (either with writing design packages or providing input/review of design packages)
- B.S. or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited university and 6+ years direct experience with proven security digital systems architecture skills. Higher education will count toward years of experience.
- Candidates must have experience in instrumentation and controls digital system development, integration, and a demonstrated ability to design and deliver industrial digital systems and report data accordingly.
- Previous experience with nuclear security systems or nuclear digital system design is mandatory.
- Familiar with IEEE and IEC standards desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with Nuclear Cyber Security Plan desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with implementing design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g., 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Experience operating credited nuclear digital systems is desired, but not required.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Familiarity with working with and/or developing industrial process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping & instrument diagrams (P&ID) desired but not required.
- Experience with CAD software to deliver design deliverables (e.g., AutoCAD Standard, AutoCAD Electrical, or SolidWorks), desired but not required.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience with formal digital system implementation testing procedure desired, but not required.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork. Will actively support the TerraPower guiding principles.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Estimated Compensation Range: $50.00 - $100.00 per hour. This range represents the estimated low end and high end of the compensation range for this position. All experience levels considered.
About Hansell Tierney:
Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.