We are currently assisting our client, a foundation focused on improving the opportunities for young people, with a search for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Purpose of role:
To provide intermediate administrative support to the operations and finance team to manage and execute Accounts Payable tasks and other operational duties as needed.
- Support the Controller and Managing Director, Operations, in fulfilling administrative processes, including:
- Preparing and submitting weekly accounts payable batches to Tanuja and Francis for review.
- Supporting internal program managers in reviewing invoices to ensure they conform with contract requirements and obligations.
- Working with internal program managers to ensure invoices are reviewed and approved according to internal processes.
- Manage corporate credit card expenses.
- Support the year-end processing of vendor 1099 forms.
Required Experience and Education:
- Follow-up with users on the completion of expense reports.
- Review receipts in alignment with expense reports.
- Audit and follow-up on any discrepancies
- Provide regular reports on credit card users compliance.
- Assist in implementation of the expense management system.
- Support the grantmaking process, including:
- Preparing and processing grant payments.
- Maintaining grantmaking records in Salesforce.
- Providing other support, as needed, to the Operations and Grants teams.
- 3 – 5 years of audit, accounts payable, and credit card management experience.
- Experience in Excel and data management.
- Experience in philanthropy and with grant agreements a plus, but not required.
Schedule: Part-Time, 3 days per week, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize information and summarize concisely, particularly in contract development.
- Positive, professional, and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Possesses a strong work ethic; does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Unwavering integrity, ethics, and sound judgment; comfortable with an open and transparent work environment.
- Innovative, resourceful, and conscientious of organization’s brand and assets.
- Ability to work proactively and take initiative to support the changing needs of the team.
Location: Seattle, WA. Our client thrives on connection and collaboration and therefore expect an in-office workforce.
Length of Assignment – 6-Months with potential for extension
Compensation Range –$35 - $45/hour depending on experience, potential for a higher rate for exception skills & experience.
*This Organization Participates in E-Verify* This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
About Hansell Tierney:
Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.