Position: Network Engineer
Location: Lake Worth Beach, FL
Benefits: 100% employee covered Medical/Dental/Vision, Strong Retirement Plan, Standard PTO, No cost for Life Insurance, AD&D, etc.
Company: This is within the utility industry but they handle much more than just utilities. They employ close to 300 people total and you’d be working with the Network Engineering Manager with the option to take over his role when he retires.
Target Individual: A Network Engineer who has a great attitude and has an aptitude to want to learn more. This will be working on standard network engineering related but also focus on operational technology to the energy industry such as SCADA, HMIs and other controls. A background with VMware, ActiveDirectory, switches, firewalls, routers is what they’re looking for and any SCADA and/or HMI knowledge would be a strong plus.
Why you should apply: It’s in a beautiful area right on the beach with excellent schooling and weekend activities. This position has the opportunity to take over for the manager down the road and has the opportunity to learn more than just your standard network engineering in an office related environment.
- The primary role of the Operational Technologies & Network Engineer is to administer, maintain and improve all critical infrastructure industrial control systems supporting the City’s electric utility. This position involves the installation, configuration and compliance of SCADA, HMI, network switches, routers, firewalls, virtualized servers, security and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position involves managing and maintaining operational technologies including SCADA systems, VMware, Windows server, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless radio systems. Document existing architectures, and update documentation as the modifications are made. Manage backups, replication and a disaster recovery plan. Implementing and maintaining best practices including compliance with government regulations.
- This person must be able to work collaboratively with other members of the City of Lake Worth Beach staff, technology providers and contractors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team depending on the assignment or situation.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, with the ability to Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency.
- A clear understanding of client/server technology and network architecture.
- Good communication skills, including writing, speaking and active listening.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Recognized degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or other technical field or a combination of related experience and education.
- A minimum of 5 years of information technology experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CompTIA certifications are a plus.