$105,000 - $150,000
Benefits: Health, dental, 401k
Offered - Case by case basis
Why work here?
Very Stable power company with extensive track record of taking care of their employees. Work in a close knit team environment with a flex/hybrid schedule. Excellent benefits in the short term and long term retirement.
- Under limited supervision, develops reports and work plans which recommend action considering short and long-range objectives, economic and budget considerations, etc.
- Under limited supervision, develops and coordinates individual project work plans and manages through completion taking needed corrective action. Informs supervisor and manager of any major developments or changes in direction of the project.
- Collaborates on the preparation of work plans and monitors actual progress of applicable portions, taking any corrective action required.
- Completes status report for all work assignments and keeps management informed on progress.
- May provide work direction to other staff/contractors on projects as assigned.
- Completes preparation of estimates (cost, work order, schedules).
- Analyzes data and makes recommendations and/or decisions.
- Maintains technical records (e.g. drawings, files, databases).
- Aware of all relevant procedures, specifications, and applicable codes, regulations, compliance rules, and standards (e.g. RUS).
- Collaborates with other team members and supervisors in carrying out assignments.
- Gains understanding of how decision making and work product impacts other systems, operations, and processes.
- Assists with the creation of corporate standards and specification related to respective expertise.
- Performs all work in a safe and timely manner. ? Provides operational planning (current day to 12 months) studies required to support maintenance or expansion in scheduling transmission projects.
- Helps identify near-term transmission congestion scenarios due to limiting transmission facilities and helps coordinate efforts to have those facilities upgraded or replaced.
- Assists with maintaining state estimator and real-time contingency analysis models.
- Coordinates with PJM in daily activities and support of their operational models for real-time and next day analysis.
- Coordinates with external utilities (including transmission utilities and member cooperatives) in daily operations and support of system maintenance and repair.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining databases and computer processes required for incorporating real-time ambient adjusted facility ratings in the energy management system.
- Maintains working knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards and NATF Principles of Excellence and assists in developing processes and procedures to support compliance.
- Assists Subject Matter Expert on related NERC Reliability Standards, including PJM assigned/delegated tasks outlined in the PJM TO/TOP Matrix; participates in data requests, updates required documents, and provides audit testimony as required.
- Maintains working knowledge of operating transmission system within PJM RTO and in accordance with rules and procedures in PJM manuals.
- Maintains awareness of new laws, regulations, and mandates from FERC, NERC, SERC, PJM, RUS, KY PSC and other applicable regulatory entities that impact system operations and assists in developing processes or procedures to support compliance.
- Assists in developing and reporting on system operations related metrics (e.g. SAIDI, CAIDI, TADS, NATF, etc.).
- Participates in NATF, SERC, PJM, and other industry groups related to system operations engineering responsibilities.
- Helps develop system operations goals and helps develop work plans to achieve these goals.
- Adheres to FERC Code of Conduct and other confidentiality agreements.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years experience in a System Engineering role