Title: Assistant Power Plant Manager
Location: Edgewood, OH
Pay: $90,000-$110,000 – 15% Bonus – Relocation Assistance
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:30am-4pm
Why Work Here?
This position is stationed on a combined cycle natural gas power plant with additional production for a steam host onsite. Our client is a Fortune 500 energy company that is actively expanding their portfolio and this position is available due to an internal promotion making now an exciting time to join their team. This role will lead 9 personnel on shift for a 24/7/365 plant ensuring safe, compliant, and efficient operations. It is a front line leadership position that will also have the opportunity to assist with planning, scheduling, outage activities, budget evaluation, and employee growth in their respective positions.
- Establishes, reviews and modifies as required all predictive/preventive maintenance requirements programmed into the maintenance management system in alignment with maintenance strategy.
Develops performance goals and reviews in a comprehensive, open, and objective manner to align employee accountabilities and conduct with operational processes in accordance with administrative guidelines.
- Maintains a strong safety culture. Complies with all site safety and environmental requirements and procedures. Identifies safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary. Assists with the development of and ensures that all site safety requirements and procedures are properly implemented, consistently observed and corrective actions are initiated when applicable.
- Develops, implements and manages consistent plant operating philosophies and best practices to maximize plant availability, efficiency and productivity.
- Constantly reviews and improves operational processes and ensures that operating personnel are properly trained and adhere to established policies, procedures and standards.
Manages the O&M Technicians and Skilled Trades to ensure safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the plant while actively managing schedules to minimize overtime and comply with administrative guidelines.
- Investigates operating abnormalities and incidents to improve equipment availability and performance and to minimize maintenance requirements.
- Prepares necessary plant operation reports in a timely manner and investigates all forced outages; reporting them in accordance with the BU practice through SharePoint.
- In collaboration with Plant Manager, prepares and continually evaluates the operating department’s budgets and/or makes recommendations to the Plant Manager relative to optimization of operations and maintenance costs.
- Assists with maintenance engineering evaluations and troubleshooting of equipment abnormalities.
- Maintains a consistent and effective level of communications with Plant Manager, Administrative staff, O&M Technicians and Skilled Trades on shift.
- Assist the Plant Manager with project management of all planned outage activities, including long term planning for capital improvements.
- In collaboration with the Plant Manager, drives continuous improvement of established metrics on the plant huddle board. Continually stretching goals toward the plants True North.
- Lead / support development of plant personnel in skillsets, equipment/system knowledge and solving critical operational concerns.
- Support management of change process to ensure traceability and collaboration on execution.
- Lead / support problem solving activities and coach and mentor the 4 CI capabilities within the team.
- Assures proper staffing, scheduling, orientation and training of the plant staff, and manages compliance with all company policies and procedures. Supports recruiting, interviews and assigns operations and maintenance employment candidates.