Primary Recruiting Services (PRS) –Finance Recruiting firm headquartered in Maitland, FL. We specialize in recruiting Accounting & Finance professional in the greater Norfolk Virginia area.
Job Title: Senior Cost Accountant
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits: Retirement, Healthcare, Paid Holiday, PTO, etc.
Why You Should Apply:
- This is a newly created role due to growth!
- This is a highly visible role that will present to the Executive team regularly!
- This person will work on budgets and forecasts in addition to cost accounting!
What We're Looking For:
- The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar from an accredited university
- This person should have at least 4 years cost accounting experience in the manufacturing industry
- Must be a great communicator and be able to work independently
What You'll Be Doing:
- Maintain inventory accounts and create and record all necessary adjustments.
- Assist monthly close procedures.
- Evaluate COGS and help reduce costs, including creating cost reports for upper management
- Provide leadership to other team members including coaching and mentoring.
- Perform inventory accounting and inventory reporting for key product lines
- Managing all costing for multiple facilities
- Assist in the preparation of the annual and quarterly budgets
- Prepare necessary reports for upper management and government entities
- Assist with annual audit process.
- Detect, communicate, and recommend resolutions for accounting issues and problems
- Monitor deviations in the business and the accounting transactions for improved reporting and precision of financials.
- Ad hoc reporting as needed