Title: Turbine Mechanic
Location: Gates Center, NY
Pay: $25-$35/Hour – 7% Annual Bonus on Total Compensation – 4 Weeks PTO – Relocation Assistance
Schedule: Monday – Friday 5am-1:30pm
Why Work Here?
This position is stationed on a stable natural gas power plant in Gates Center featuring both combustion and steam turbines. It provides much of the electricity demand of the greater Rochester and Monroe County area and is base loaded 24/7/365. You will have a chance to work hands on with turbine equipment at this site as well as assist with the planning, scheduling, and ordering parts. This includes all sizes of pumps from single stage low pressure centrifugal to multi-stage high-pressure, main plant multi-stage air compressors steam turbines from 5-1400PSI to drive all styles of utilities generation rotating equipment as well as gas turbines up to 35,000 sHP. There is continued growth offered into supervisory and planning roles at this site with upcoming retirements as well as commissioning of additional power generation units.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Planner, all shutdown planning (routine & emergency) for the execution of maintenance activities to include Customer end-user notifications.
- Complete all planned maintenance routines for assigned locations, documenting all actions within the work order management system (MAXIMO®).
- Complete all assigned corrective maintenance actions, documenting all actions within work order management system (MAXIMO®).
- Assist with any Plant Overhaul, Upgrade or Modernization Activities being completed within assigned locations.
- Supervise any outside Contractor executing work within your assigned work location to ensure compliance with safety policies and that standards for workmanship are maintained.
- Work, as needed within the larger team structure for team for major emergencies or catastrophic failures.
- Rigging & Safety signaling related to unloading or positioning of material for installation.
- Utilization all standard pipefitting tools, such as cutting, grinding, bending, joining, & threading equipment used to fit pipe per job.
- General knowledge of Boilers, Furnaces, Electrical Generators, Air Compressors, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning & Lubrication systems.
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and safety/environmental regulations
- Excellent and clear communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Demonstrated conceptual and practical trouble shooting skills
- Work consistently in a Safety mindset, following all prescribed and documented safety policies.
- Competencies and capabilities to respond and solve emergent events, trouble-calls, pipe ruptures, or pipe leaks: 24 hours a day – 7 days a week – 52 weeks out of the year.
- Work utilizing hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers, trucks, overhead cranes and rigging, scaffolding, ladders & shop equipment.
- Potential to work with equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts and power walkies.
- Assists Maintenance Planner to develop standard preventative maintenance routines to ensure maximum equipment uptime and lifespan is attained for all responsible systems.
- Assists Maintenance Planner to develop corrective (repair) maintenance job plans as needed to ensure all equipment repairs are completed in a timely basis to maintain all system redundancies for optimum emergency performance.