Title: Power Plant Operator
Location: Bristol, NH
Pay: $27-$35/Hour – 15% Bonus – Relocation Assistance
Schedule: 12 Hour Rotating DuPont Schedule – 7:30 In/Out Time
Why Work Here?
This position is stationed on one of the most stable power plants in the Granite State providing base loaded power and steam 24/7/365. Our client has never idled the plant or laid off any personnel since the plant was built and its one of th newest of its kind in the state. The role can be filled either as a Control Room Operator or Auxiliary Operator and any experience will be considered including Navy, steam/boiler, industrial, pulp & paper, maritime, etc. There is a designated growth path being brought on for either of these positions and our client firmly believes in promoting from within. Apply now to contribute your background to the opportunity.
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work.
- Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work
- Investigate and report on accidents
- If Control Room Qualified perform full startups and shutdowns of the plant.
- Perform lockout tagout procedures on associated equipment for maintenance.
- Receive instructions from steam engineers regarding steam plant and air compressor operations
- Execute orders from the Control Room Operator at isolated panels for clearing equipment or making it ready for service in accordance with operating instructions and procedures; clear, tag, test and safety tape these operations
- Perform routine water chemistry analysis and operate Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) equipment
- Maintain logs as assigned
- Report any abnormal or irregular conditions that develop during the progress of the work and take corrective measures within the scope of operating instructions
- Assist maintenance personnel during maintenance periods
- Operate heavy equipment to maintain fuel supply to the station in the event of a casualty to the automated dual feed system
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Control Room Operator, Shift Supervisor, or the Operations Manager