Posted: Mon Jun 12 2023
3rd Class Steam Engineer - Power Plant
Washington, District Of Columbia
Title: 3rd Class Steam Engineer - Power Plant
Location: Washington, DC
Pay: $45 - $50/Hour – 5-10% Bonus
Shift: 4 Day on 4 Day Off 12 Hour Rotating Shift - 5 O'Clock In/Out Time
License Requirement: This position REQUIRES a current valid DC 3rd or 1st Class Steam Engineer's license.
Why Work Here?
This position will run a combined cycle power plant and high pressure steam system in Washington DC. You will manage the lockout/tagout program, startup and shutdown the plant, perform water chemistry, and monitor steam pressure among other duties. Our client is an established energy company nationwide looking to grow their power generation and district energy portfolio making now an ideal time to join their team and contribute your 3rd class license.
- Responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records.
- Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters.
- Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to plant betterment items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety.
- Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures.
- Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
- Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
- Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
- Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
- Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
- Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
- Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
- Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.