RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior Engineer, Power Substation Physical Design in Knoxville, TN. This is a Full-time, Direct Hire, Hybrid assignment with our client.
Overview of YOUR role as a Senior Engineer, Power Substation Physical Design:
The Senior Engineer, Power Substation Physical Design will be expected to be skilled in all aspects of Physical Substation design and able to lead design projects from conceptual through completion of constructible design.
As a Senior Engineer, Power Substation Physical Design YOU will:
YOU are the ideal Senior Engineer, Power Substation Physical Design if you have:
- Perform Physical Substation design with a high degree of accuracy (Quality)
- Work well as a team member as well as individually
- Use MicroStation to create the assigned deliverables
- Interact with the Customer and meet their schedule and budgeting requirements
- Mentor junior Engineers/Designers
- Review work of other team members
- Perform work safely.
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- Bentley MicroStation and/or Autodesk Inventor
- Physical Design experience for construction of Power Substations ranging in voltage levels from 34.5K to 500kV.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
About Our Client
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: up to <5%
Our client is an information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets based in Reston, VA.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.