RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Lead Transmission Line Engineer in Walled Lake, MI. This is a Full-time, Direct Hire, Hybrid assignment with our client.
Overview of YOUR role as a Lead Transmission Line Engineer:
The Lead Transmission Line Engineer will manage a collaborative and dynamic team working in a fast- paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with electric transmission. The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer and Project Manager on electric transmission line design projects of overhead and underground systems for some of the largest utilities in the country as well as regional utilities. The candidate will apply NESC, ASCE, ACI, NEC and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of all types of capital and maintenance projects from 34.5 kV to 500 kV. Additionally, the candidate will direct a team of engineers that regularly perform engineering analyses, PLS-CADD modeling, structure loading calculations, design structure framing and hardware assemblies, draft plans and specifications, and prepare bill of materials and procurement documents across project planning, engineering, environmental, permitting, and construction management phases.
As a Lead Transmission Line Engineer YOU will:
YOU are the ideal Lead Transmission Line Engineer if you have:
- Direct multiple design teams simultaneously executing various projects and programs for multiple clients
- Develop a team of engineers by training, coaching, and nurturing clients engineering talent
- Supervise staff by approving timesheets and running the annual performance review process
- Participate proactively as a member of the leadership team of the Transmission Line Section
- Create responses to RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs from clients for new work including proposal creation and definition of scope of work
- Possess a growth mindset to foster creative problem solving for our clients’ most complex issues
- Promote continuous improvement to develop streamlined processes and tools that facilitate improvements to departmental technical resources via innovation and automation
- Delegate tasks to staff, forecast and plan their future workload, and run recruiting activities to support aggressive growth goals
- Drive the quality control process for the execution team to ensure the highest level of quality in all deliverables
- Liaise with clients to maximize affinity, facilitate business development growth, and foster long-term relationship building
- Manage the health of project portfolio by proactive project management in tracking scope, schedules, and budget with support Project Management Office
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering; Civil Engineering is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems with a Bachelor’s, or 8+ years of such experience with a Master's degree
- Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
- Track record of outstanding communication to serve as primary point of contact for existing and perspective clients
- Business acumen with a record of understanding and meeting key project performance metrics
- Working onsite with customer or client office is a possibility; some periodic travel may be required
- Expertise in PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE
- Ability and passion to develop staff through mentoring
- 2+ years of supervising staff
- M.S. degree in Structural Engineering
- Experience with TOWER
- EIT or PE certification
- Experience with LPILE or FAD, Mathcad, AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: 10%
About Our Client
Our Client is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Our Client makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.