RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Designer. This is a Full-time, Direct Hire, Remote position with our client.
Overview of YOUR role as a Senior Data Analyst:
The Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Designer will perform electrical and instrumentation designs for natural gas and other energy facility/pipeline projects in the conceptual, feasibility, pre-FEED, FEED, preliminary, constructability, engineering, permitting, procurement and construction phases.
As a Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Designer YOU will:
YOU are the ideal Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Designer YOU if you have:
- Perform electrical and instrumentation designs for natural gas and other energy facility/pipeline projects in the conceptual, feasibility, pre-FEED, FEED, preliminary, constructability, engineering, permitting, procurement and construction phases
- Review and develop design and material specifications
- Interface and connect daily with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Prepare electrical and instrumentation deliverables, under the direction of the Engineer of Record, such as:
- One-line diagrams
- Grounding plans and details
- Electrical area classification plans and details
- Cable and conduit schedules
- Cable tray plans and details
- Wiring diagrams
- Instrumentation location plans and installation details
- Lighting plans and details
- Electrical equipment lists
- Instrumentation lists
- Support engineering and technical reports, correspondence and related documentation
- Work closely with constructability and construction specialists in performing project evaluations, constructability evaluations, construction methodology development, and other pre-construction services
- Provide design content for proposal development in response to client RFPs
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to less experienced designers and team members
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- Associate degree in computer aided drafting and design or relevant years of industry experience
- Required Technical Experience: Low and medium voltage power distribution design; building, area, and roadway lighting design; grounding and lighting protection system designs; load study; load flow, breaker coordination, and Arc Flash Studies; CCTV; security; PLC based instrumentation and control system design; fiber optic cabling designs; networking; electrical construction inspection; electrical and instrumentation construction cost estimating
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and affiliated CAD design software including 3D modeling of major electrical equipment, buildings and cable trays and other discipline related software programs
- Understanding of industry codes and standards including NEC, IESNA, NFPA 70E, IEEE Color Book Series
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment with significant collaboration, knowledge sharing and focus on customer service
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: Occasional Travel 10-15%
About Our Client
Our Client has been serving the Energy industry continuously for more than 72 years. Our mission is to safely and efficiently deliver full lifecycle services while providing a daily culture of “Doing the Right Thing.”
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.