RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Project Manager, Hybrid in Pomona, CA. This is a Full-time, Direct Hire, Hybrid assignment with our client.
Overview of YOUR role as a Project Manager:
The Project Manager is to be responsible at a customer level. For the customer, the project manager is responsible for the development of a project scope, schedule, and budget. The project manager will be responsible for a customer or multiple customers, responsible for managing a project from start to finish. Communicating the status of the project to the customer will be the manager’s responsibility, utilizing resources efficiently to exceed the requirements of the client. This position is responsible for the success of different teams assigned to a client related to a specific project. This position works under the direction of a senior management position. This position requires leadership and mentoring skills, strong communication skills, strong accounting skills, people skills, flexibility in managing complex processes, and strong team skills.
As a Project Manager YOU will:
YOU are the ideal Project Manager if you have:
- Provides project leadership at the Client Level:
Project Initiation: Development of client proposals, work scope, schedule, budget, resource allocation, including subcontractors; Assist project team in defining and clarifying.
- Assist Project Team in defining and clarifying project scope at a level of detail (WBS) required to satisfy customer’s expectations.
- Project Monitoring: Leads assigned project teams, ensuring that project goals and objectives are achieved, and all business processes and applicable procedures are followed. Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work for projects.
- Monitor and track project expenditures, earned value, cost and schedule performance as necessary to satisfy corporate requirements and ensure satisfactory budget performance on all projects. Assists project controls group with project closeout.
- Communicates effectively with each client on a regular basis; this includes keeping clients informed of issues that could adversely affect project execution or impact scope, schedule, or budget performance.
- Proactively communicates and promotes Mesa capabilities and strengths to their assigned customers. In interfacing with potential or existing clients, listens for and seeks out new projects that may exist or are being formulated.
It’s a BONUS if you have:
- BS in Civil Engineering Required; MS in Engineering Preferred.
- 15+ years Structural Experience Transmission Line Tower Analysis & Design.
5+ years Project Management in Transmission Line Engineering
- CA PE License Required; PMP Certification Required
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day.
- Travel required: up to <10%
About Our Client
Our client is an information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets based in Reston, VA.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.