Accounts Payable Specialist-Hydrocarbons - CONTRACT
Houston, TX 77077
Our client is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist for processing of various hydrocarbon related invoices for payment. Vendor relations activities, such as inquiries into unpaid invoices, identifying unidentifiable payments received, and correcting errors or helping resolve problems regarding payments made or to be made to vendor accounts. Work with Treasury to ensure payments are made to critical vendors in a timely manner. Payments are either ACH or Wire.
Coordinate vendor master data with the Master Data group for new vendor accounts and changes to current vendors as needed.
- Invoices are processed into SAP. These hydrocarbon related invoices include Ethanol, BioDiesel and other related commodities. The accounts payable specialist is responsible for ensuring invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner. This requires interaction with various internal groups including petro-chem and crude accounting personnel. This desk also has frequent interaction with trade floor personnel.
- Follow up timely with internal and external personnel regarding payment terms as needed. Ensure all payments are made in a timely manner. This includes following up as needed with Treasury.
- Monitor vendor related accounts for debit balances.
- Debit balances are monies due company. These balances could include credit memos issued, duplicate payment made, or an erroneous payment.
- The accounts payable specialist is expected to clear these balances within 60 days. In addition, the specialist should know why items are hitting this account.
- Communication with internal and external customers is a constant. Internal customers include trade floor, finance, tax, marketing, legal, audit, as well as, all terminal locations. These communications involve questions on invoices, payment history, check information, electronic payment information, and wire transfer information. Communication with the vendor is critical in this position. Questions regarding correct payment amount as well as payment terms are frequent.
- Coordinate vendor master data with the Master Data group for new vendor accounts and changes to current vendors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Degree / The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is:
- High School Diploma plus 4 years accounting related experience, or HSD with 6 hours college level accounting and 3 years accounting related experience, or HSD with 9 hours college accounting and 2 years accounting related experience.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- Basic AP processing knowledge as well as SAP knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.