Information Security Analyst
Summary of Responsibilities
Develops and maintains information security programs; analyzes, designs and develops enhancements to the security system; coordinates and implements disaster recovery strategies. Provide assistance in day-to-day security and audit compliance operations for IT Security Services group, primarily focusing on technology issues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Implements and monitors network security mechanisms in compliance with established security policies.
- Provides consulting support regarding secure connectivity, network services and protocols.
- Provides consultation regarding various security controls and processes and policies.
- Ensures protection and secure implementation of the IT infrastructure.
- Provides support to the Computer Incident Response Team as requested.
- Assists with periodic reviews, audits, troubleshooting, and investigations.
- Provides support during site security reviews as requested.
- Ability to perform penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Knowledge of Fortinet hardware and software
- 2 plus years’ experience in cyber security field.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred with specific expertise and certification in IT Security.
- BS/BA in Cyber Security or related discipline.
- 2-5 years of experience in cyber security.
- CompTIA Security+ Base-Level Certification.
- CISSP certification is preferred or MS/MA in Cyber Security and generally 2-4 years of experience in cyber security field.
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Critical thinking and clear reasoning in high-stress situations
- Great attention to detail
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.