Purchasing Agent - Contractor
Houston, TX 77077
9-12 months - $37-$42/hr.
Provide procurement support and supervision for all assigned locations in accordance with Company policies, procedures and goals. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of contracts (purchase orders & outline agreements). Bids, selects and negotiates with vendors to obtain materials and/or services from suppliers at the lowest cost with consideration given to quality, reliability and delivery requirements per business need.
1. Review customers' requisitions and process Purchase Orders in SAP to procure materials and services at the most favorable price consistent with requirements for quantity, quality, and delivery to support the corporate office and field locations.
2. Establish and maintain contracts (Outline Agreements) consistent with the requirements established by customers using specifications for products and/or scopes of work for services. Negotiate with qualified vendors for price; delivery and quality to establish contracts. Implement selective long term agreements based on vendor quality and value. Possess an understanding of market conditions and perform an in-depth value and quality analysis of each requirement. Identify opportunities for Strategic Sourcing. Analyze procurement patterns based on volume and cost to establish strategic contracts to provide overall cost benefits.
3. Manage the Supplier Base by performing market analysis and research for evaluating and selecting new suppliers. Perform all tasks associated with management of the supplier population, including but not limited to communication with new/potential suppliers to discuss mutual interests and new opportunities. Actively participate in various vendor networking events. Participate in the evaluation and selection of potential suppliers through the pre-qualification and bidding process. Advise purchasing management and affected client groups of significant events affecting the normal supply of goods and services. Pursue innovations in procurement practices and department procedures that will improve effectiveness and produce cost savings.
4. Solicit formal and informal supplier bids for materials and services. Analyze proposals, negotiate, cost and terms & conditions to award the business fairly. Perform all steps necessary to prepare and release an RFP or RFQ. Assist user/requisitioner in developing specifications and/or requirements.
5. Resolve a variety of purchasing issues/problems for both internal and external customers (i.e., unblock invoices to secure payment for vendors, provide expediting services as necessary, disputes for "out of scope" changes, etc).
6. Support special projects in response to various customer and management requests for one-of-a-kind projects.
7. Provides Procurement on-call support as necessary.
- Establish and maintain secure sources for required materials and services.
- Coordinate with client groups to jointly evaluate performance of existing suppliers and contractors and determine any need for alternates.
- Negotiate, execute and administer contracts (purchase orders & outline agreements), leases and national contracts
- Coordinate as necessary activities of involved parties (clients, vendors, contractors, legal, etc.) to ensure proper performance of all contracts.
- Supports the maintenance of current vendor lists capable of supplying assigned commodities and services.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is:
- College Degree (Bachelors Level). Business degree or other.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
- 4 Years OR 8 years in lieu of degree.
- Negotiating Skills / Communication Skills.
- Insurance/Indemnification Knowledge Preferred / Legal Terms & Conditions Knowledge Preferred.
- Multi-Tasking Skills.
- Computer Skills: SAP, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.