Posted: Mon Jan 15 2024
New York, NY
Looking for someone to lead our dynamic team of creators as a Furniture Design Manager. We are passionate about innovation, forward-thinking design, and creating furniture that seamlessly blends with market trends, and engineering/construction demands. Previous experience in designing Childrens Furniture, Cribs, Gliders, and Case Goods strongly preferred. This is a full-time position with exciting opportunities for professional growth. Flexible for domestic and international travel.
• Lead and inspire a team of designers to achieve creative excellence and innovation in nursery furniture design
• Stay at the forefront of design trends, anticipating and influencing the future of nursery furniture design
• Work closely with major accounts to understand their needs, collaborate on design concepts and ensure or designs align with our brand vision
• Drive continuous innovation in nursery furniture design, exploring new materials, technologies and design concepts
• Develop detailed 3D models and realistic renderings of infant and youth furniture.
• Collaborate frequently with the engineering team, gathering input and feedback to refine and enhance designs.
• Conduct client presentations, effectively communicating the design vision and addressing client needs.
Skills and Requirements:
• Proficiency in SolidWorks and KeyShot software for design and rendering.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Previous experience in the furniture industry is strongly preferred.
• Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to receive and implement constructive criticism.
• Stay informed about market trends and economic demands to inform new product development.
• Willingness to engage in domestic and international travel as required.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects while adhering to deadlines and schedules.
• Proven experience in furniture design.
• Passion for design and innovation.
• Ability to lead and manage a design team effectively.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Previous experience in designing Cribs, Gliders, and Case Goods is a plus.
• Flexibility for domestic and international travel.
$140,000 - $160,000