We are looking for an outstanding, hands-on Controller, to join our Accounting team in New York. You will play a key role in supporting the company’s financial performance through a period of high growth and process transformation. Reporting to the President and CFO you will assist in managing and contributing to the monthly close process, ensuring accurate and timely GAAP reporting, optimize processes, analyze actual performance and support both the Finance and Production functions by analyzing and verifying product costs.
There will be a heavy emphasis on ensuring timely and accurate updates and changes to our corporate financial platform and maintaining control of production cost components.
- Oversee timely management of month end financial statement close and reporting process for all departmental budgets, AP, AR and other prepaid accruals and amortization schedules ensuring there is proper supporting documentation for all journal entries
- Develop and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures to streamline and support reduction of timeline
- Partner with President & CFO to ensure all processes and procedures are in compliance with US GAAP
- Support year-end financial audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Post daily cash receipts and lead daily reconciliation of cash accounts
- Own all aspects of Accounts Payable from vendor set up through payments and cash disbursements including verifying invoice coding and timely entering of vendor invoices
- Own all aspects of payroll including employee set-up, payroll and commission submissions with PEO provider
- Own sales tax reporting and reconciliation process in Avalara and assist with all tax related matters
- Participate in special projects (i.e. ERP implementation) and ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries and support CFO as requested
- Work with the Production team to verify the accuracy and timeliness of CMT and fully loaded landed costs
- Coordinating the timing and entry of manufacturing costs including import duty and freight and VAS costs
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA License preferred
- 6+ years of experience as an accounting professional
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Experience at a consumer products company highly preferred
- RLM, Quickbooks ERP experience highly preferred
- High proficiency in Excel and comfort with analyzing and manipulating data in Excel
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Team player who is also comfortable as a self-starter who is intellectually curious and not afraid to seek out projects independently
- Strong work ethic and positive outlook
This position has a minimum salary of $150,000-$175,000. This salary is a good faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate.