Are you a research and development engineer looking for a new career with a great company in Elkhart, IN?
In this position, you will assist in planning, organizing, and analyzing processes and materials to achieve the company’s short and long-term business development and quality objectives. Plays an integral role in the development of new and innovative technical improvements. Responsible for proper documentation of all new product development projects, establishing and meeting project timetables and integration of new products and processes into the production environment.
- Provide process design, manufacturability and technical assistance for new and existing products.
- Develop product development plans; including timeline, milestones, infrastructure requirements, resource needs, testing/validation plan, tooling and capital.
- Be the expert in materials development and materials manipulation
- Work within cross-functional teams to assist in a timely resolution of quality issues, customer complaints and cost reductions.
- Define and execute product testing and validation protocols.
- Study and recommend improvements to existing products to generate cost reductions and/or eliminate sources of variation.
- Be the gatekeeper for material/part changes and substitutions
- Participation in all LEAN events.
- Work with manufacturing staff in R&D functions, prototype builds and pilot runs.
- Work with manufacturing staff to create efficient and effective work cells.
- Work with the Quality Assurance department and Customer Service regarding related issues.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials or related Engineering from 4-year accredited college / university. (or 10 years of relevant experience)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in material manipulation such as drawing or spinning.
- Experience in brass design, construction, and repair.
- SolidWorks modeling and detailed drawing experience required.
- Strong understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, engineering statics, mechanics of materials and technical writing.
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- High level of manual dexterity.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Periods of sedentary and floor active work required.
- Ability to work in a climate exposed environment.
??????Headquartered in North Central Indiana and founded in 2009, TalentSource is a sole source recruiting firm offering an awesome team of subject matter experts in talent acquisition! We are recruiting generalists and provide professional job placement in a wide range of disciplines and industries, including temporary and perm placement, payroll, and specialty staffing solutions to a wide variety of top notch clients! TalentSource is committed to establishing a long-term relationship with both their clients and candidates. They achieve their mission of providing superior customer service through customized talent solutions, with an emphasis on quality and continuous improvement. To learn more about TalentSource please visit us at www.talentsourcestaffing.com! TalentSource is an Equal Opportunity Recruiting Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.