This position will lead Food Safety and Quality programs at the manufacturing facility in Minneapolis St Paul, Minnesota. This includes leading management and oversight of FSMA compliance, GFSI standard maintenance, and execution of site quality systems to ensure compliance with corporate Quality Assurance / Food Safety requirements and other related initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the business is advised and complies with FDA Food Safety Modernization requirements.
- Lead integration of the current quality assurance and food safety processes into one integrated process that ties to business objectives. This includes FSMA BRCGS Certification, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), standard operating procedures (SOPs), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, food safety audits, field complaints, calibration and preventive maintenance programs, and standardized work instructions.
- Develop and execute plans to maintain BRCGS certification at the facility and to meet all Corporation requirements related to quality and food safety programs. This includes scheduling and leading on-site audits, the development of Pre-requisite Programs to support regulatory requirements; including but not limited to Management Commitment, Document Control and Records, Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals - Building and Equipment Design and Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals.
- Oversee plant compliance, interactions, and relationships with the FDA, APHIS Site appointed Certification Body, and consultants.
- Manage finished product evaluation system and provide leadership to drive improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes, across global production.
- Train team members and maintain all training records on critical food safety and quality requirements. Document and maintain a training registry for all employees at the facility.
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility's Food Safety and Quality Plans.
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred, or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes by assuring root causes are addressed through a corrective and preventive action process.
- Manage and provide leadership in implementing an effective and efficient documented corrective action program.
- Manage/ Oversee pest control program and microbiological testing to assure compliance with regulatory, Corporation Quality and Customer standards.
- Reassess Quality and Safety Food plan(s) throughout the change management process which is required whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
- Lead the development and implementation of statistical tools and systems to support continuous process and product improvement.
- Act as an active contributor on the Facility Management Team to meet all business objectives.
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performance team focusing on areas of communication, development, and succession planning.
- Support the development of corporate supplier quality management programs to help ensure the procurement of quality raw materials and packaging components used in the manufacturing of products.
- Provide assistance to product and process improvement activities by supporting research and development manufacturing trials at the site.
- Facilitate and Manage site Food Defense programs.
- Manage daily operations in quality and sanitation departments.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate to the position.
Quality & Food Safety
- Completes safety system documentation and verifies compliance with program standards. Reports deviations to the Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
- Responsible for participating in mandatory safety training program requirements.
- Required to report all safety issues, near misses, and injuries.
- Completes quality and food safety system documentation and verifies compliance with program standards. Reports deviations to the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for participating in mandatory food safety and quality training program requirements.
- Preserves the integrity of the BRC system through adherence to the policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Policy Manual. Takes actions necessary to resolve food safety and quality system deficiencies.
- Required to report food safety and quality system failures and take actions necessary to preserve the BRC system.
- 5 years of proven management experience leading/facilitating food safety/quality-related aspects of a business within a high-risk environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in food safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of food processing experience, with at least 2 years in a manufacturing environment under USDA and/or FDA.
- Quality Assurance team management.
- Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety and plant regulatory affairs.
- HACCP Certification, PCQI, and BRCGS training preferred.
- Ability to analyze processes for Biological, Chemical, and Physical hazards with an understanding of the science and support behind each type of hazard and each step of a production process.
- Must have strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience implementing and using state-of-the-art statistical process control tools in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to work with cross-functional departments within the organization.
- Good critical thinking skills and corrective action/resolution skills
- Strong computer skills with experience using Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
??????Headquartered in North Central Indiana and founded in 2009, TalentSource is a sole source recruiting firm offering an excellent team of subject matter experts in talent acquisition! We recruit generalists and provide professional job placement in various disciplines and industries, including temporary and perm placement, payroll, and specialty staffing solutions to various top-notch clients! TalentSource is committed to establishing long-term relationships with its clients and candidates. They aim to provide superior customer service through customized talent solutions, emphasizing Quality and continuous improvement. To learn more about TalentSource please visit us at www.talentsourcestaffing.com! TalentSource is an Equal Opportunity Recruiting Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law