Posted: Mon Jan 08 2024
Are you an experienced Controls Engineer looking to make a move with a growing company in St Joseph, MI?
A Senior Controls Engineer uses their knowledge of custom automation as a member of a team of sales professionals, managers, designers, and builders to develop world-class automation systems. These machines are uniquely designed assembly, inspection, and test systems for industries that demand precision assembly for their components. Some industries we serve include automotive, aerospace, defense, medical equipment, pharmaceutical, and industrial component manufacturers.
A Senior Controls Engineer will take responsibility for the hardware and software design effort on assigned projects under the direction of the Director of Engineering. It shall typically include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Prepare control systems designs and utilize AutoCAD to prepare drawings, including power distribution, PLC, main and station panel layouts, console layouts, pneumatics, hydraulics, and instrumentation.
· Write and document software.
· Review and take ownership of budgets and schedules. Work with the Project Manager to develop cost to complete and release dates.
· Coordinate with the Controls Assembly Department during the build phases of the project to provide efficient and timely solutions to problems.
· Lead and develop the Controls Design Department through mentorship of Level I and Level II Controls Engineers. This includes facilitating formal and informal training on products and software
· Develop preliminary projects schedules
· After power-up, debug software to develop the machine into a “production worthy” system.
· Participate as a team member during the installation phase of the project.
· Bachelors' degree in engineering is desirable, or equivalent combination of education and experience,
· 7+ years’ experience in controls engineering related to custom automation.
· At least 3 years of design experience utilizing AutoCAD software required.
Desired Hardware Competency
Desired Software Competency
This is a direct hire opportunity with great pay and benefits!
Location: St Joseph, MI
Hours: Mon-Fri, 45 hours or work expected, occasional evening and weekend work.
Headquartered in North Central Indiana and founded in 2009, TalentSource is a sole source recruiting firm offering an awesome team of subject matter experts in talent acquisition! We are recruiting generalists and provide professional job placement in a wide range of disciplines and industries, including temporary and perm placement, payroll, and specialty staffing solutions to a wide variety of top notch clients! TalentSource is committed to establishing a long-term relationship with both their clients and candidates. They achieve their mission of providing superior customer service through customized talent solutions, with an emphasis on quality and continuous improvement. To learn more about TalentSource please visit us at www.talentsourcestaffing.com! TalentSource is an Equal Opportunity Recruiting Firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.