Our Client, a top international law firm, is seeking a Practice Assistant to support its international trade group.
- Conduct legal research and provide analytical reports and memoranda on issues regarding trade remedy, export controls, sanctions and customs compliance matters.
- Create, draft, format and proofread submissions regarding trade remedy, export controls, sanctions, and customs compliance matters.
- Conduct cite-check and prepare table of contents and authorities for briefs in countervailing duty and antidumping cases and international arbitration proceedings.
- Prepare exhibits and hearing documents in for international arbitration cases.
- Assist with productions to U.S. government agencies’ requests for documents.
- Draft disclosures and notification letters regarding export control and sanctions matters for submission to government offices including Bureau of Industry and Security at Commerce Department, Office of Foreign Assets Control at Treasury Department, and Directorate of Defense Trade Controls at State Department.
- Electronically file complaints, briefs, questionnaire responses, factual submissions or other related submissions on various case management systems including PACER, Commerce Department, and U.S. International Trade Commission systems.
- Maintain and organize electronic and physical files and case documents with compliance to U.S. government agencies’ proprietary protective order procedures.
- Track regulatory updates for export control, sanctions and customs compliance matters.
- Track updates to export and re-export license applications and commodity classification requests before U.S. government agencies.
- Bachelor's degree or Certificate in Paralegal Studies, or a related field is preferred.
- Prior experience as a legal assistant or paralegal, with exposure to international trade law, is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of legal terminology, procedures, and documentation.
- Proficiency in conducting legal research and using relevant databases and resources.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in document preparation and management.
- Bilingual proficiency is preferred, with excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in using legal software applications and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with attorneys and colleagues.
For 32 years, the Midtown Group has been connecting talented professionals with incredible employment opportunities.
We are a small, woman-owned business certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). Operating from our headquarters in Washington, DC, we provide trusted staffing services nationwide. Our clients include thousands of the most prestigious Fortune 500 companies, law firms, financial organizations, tech innovators, non-profits, and lobbying firms, as well as federal, state and local government agencies.
Whether you’re looking for a temporary role or direct hire position, Midtown wants you to Love What You Do.
To get you there, we can navigate the best options in your industry, connect you directly to hiring managers, and give you the insider tips you need to nail your interview.
You’ve got the skills. You’ve got the experience. Let Midtown get you the response your resume deserves.
Check us out! www.themidtowngroup.com Finding the perfect fit should always be this easy.