Our client, a leading eDiscovery vendor, is seeking a Director of Records & Information Governance to join their team. In this strategic leadership role, you will be responsible for overseeing and driving the maturity of the client's RIG operations, ensuring compliance with operational standards and driving the strategic evolution of the RIG program. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in law firm records and information governance operations, program development, and strategy. Strong communication and project management skills are essential, as well as experience with law firm records management software applications and document management systems. If you are a dynamic professional with a passion for information management, this is an excellent opportunity to make a significant impact in a fast-paced environment.
The Director of Records & Information Governance is a key strategic leadership and people management role in support of the company’s Records & Information Governance (RIG) outsourced operations, ensuring we are meeting or exceeding both the customer’s and company’s operational standards for information lifecycle management and driving the strategic evolution of the client’s RIG program according to the client’s operational and risk management objectives. This position requires a dynamic professional with significant experience in law firm records and information governance operations, program development and strategy, including functions such as matter mobility and electronic records management.
- Effectively oversee and drive the maturity of a client’s RIG Operations and contribute to the client’s RIG program strategy
- Manage, mentor and coach the operations team and managers to deliver high-quality work with a focus on customer service and effective communication
- Document and improve processes to achieve high levels of compliance
- Establish positive, trusting relationships with client RIG leaders, Partners, Attorneys, and firm administrative leadership
- Optimize the application of technology to day-to-day operations and provide recommendations to the client on new technology that may be of value to achieving program objectives
- Collect and analyze data to identify process improvements, manage the company’s teams, and report to the client on operational achievements and areas for collaboration
- Oversee the management of client projects such as real estate moves/restacks, M&A activities, disposition projects, imaging projects, large-matter mobility projects, data cleanup projects, etc.
- Degree in related field and/or commensurate experience
- Significant experience in RIG program operations management in law firms
- Professional certification a plus (e.g., CRM, IGP, CIGO)
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience extending core RIG principles to strategic activities such as file share cleanup, proactive guidance to end users on filing best practices, etc.
- Significant experience with law firm records management software applications (e.g., LegalKey, iManage Records Manager, FileTrail, iCompli) and law firm document management systems (e.g., iManage Work/DeskSite/FileSite, NetDocuments)
- Strong understanding of offsite records storage vendor landscape and typical operations
- Exceptional project management, follow-up, planning, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Experience with outsourced operations management is a strong plus.